2000m, $600,000 Group One set weight-for-age for three-year-olds at Rosehill
* Electric Wire won the inaugural Rosehill Guineas in 1910.
* Only three fillies have won.
* The Rosehill Guineas was classified as a principal race until 1979, Kingston Town won the first Group One edition in 1980.
* The winner of the Rosehill Guineas is exempt from the ballot for the Australian Derby (2400m) at Randwick on April 1.
* Seven Rosehill Guineas winners have backed up to win the Australian Derby. Eremein was the last horse to achieve the double in 2005.
* The Rosehill Guineas has been claimed by some of the best up-and-coming stayers to race in Australia recently including It’s A Dundeel (2013) Jimmy Choux (2011), and Eremein (2005).
* Past winners include the iconic Phar Lap (1929), Tulloch (1957), Kingston Town (1980), Sky Heights (1999), Tie The Knot (1998) and Octagonal (1996).
* The race record is shared by Danewin (1995) and Octagonal (1996) who clocked 1:59.99.
WHAT THE TRAINERS SAY
“I’ve trained a lot of very good horses but this one has just jumped out of the ground in the last month” – New Zealand Derby winner Gingernuts’ co-trainer Stephen Autridge.
“The unknown on Saturday is the track condition. I’m not saying he won’t get through it but I just don’t know if he’ll get through it as effectively as he does on a dry track” – Trent Busuttin on Anaheim.
“Tracking up in trip should suit. He looks great, his work on Tuesday was very good and Impavido handles a wet track” – Impavido’s trainer Bjorn Baker.