We take a look at today’s NRL Grand Final match between the Melbourne Storm and the North Queensland Cowboys. The Melbourne Storm go into the match as the overwhelming favourites ahead of the Cowboys who only just scrambled into finals and have caused upsets at all of their finals matches. Nth Queensland will need to cause another massive upset tonight to get over the Storm who have been dominant this year. View our NRL Grand Final tips and preview below.
When: 19:15 | Sunday 01/10/2017
Where: Stadium Australia
Watch: Channel 9
BIG BONUS: Deposit $50 BET with $250 at CrownBet.com.au
Bets Bets Melbourne Storm v North Queensland Cowboys
The Melbourne Storm have been the most dominant team all year and flexed their muscle last Friday night with an emphatic 30-0 will against the Brisbane Broncos.
The Broncos had their chances in the first half but were unable to capitalise. If the North Queensland Cowboys are to cause a huge upset they must take their chances early.
In their 29-16 win against the Roosters, the Cowboys had a remarkable completion rate of 90 per cent, Jason Taumalolo ran for a huge 256 meters.
A key battle will be between the old bull and Storm superstar Cooper Cronk and Michael Morgan, who is in incredible form.
It’s hard to build a strong case for the Cowboys, given the Storm have beaten them twice this season and are on a 9 game winning streak.
• Melbourne have lost only four games all season, two of them without their Origin stars.
• The Cowboys are aiming to win their second Premiership in three years.
• Melbourne will be looking to redeem themselves after losing last year’s GF
• In an added incentive for Melbourne; Cooper Cronk will be playing his last match for the Club and Billy Slater may be playing his last game of NRL
• The Cowboys are a hardened finals performer having played in finals every year since 2011, last year they lost to eventual premiers Cronulla in the preliminary final.
• The Cowboys have won their past 3 finals as outsiders and have a 2-1 record against Melbourne in finals
Storm to win both halves at $2.25
Preview and Tips provided by CrownBet.com.au